Inventory Unit Detail
2008 Yamaha YFZ - 450 SE
Race bred for domination of the track.
A legend in its own time, the YFZ450 is the most successful 4-stroke ATV in racing.
Of course, there are others who like to follow, but that's familiar turf for Yamaha - blazing trails in motorcycle and ATV competition.
ENGINE : On the track or trails power reigns supreme. The liquid-cooled, five-titanium-valve DOHC engine is a derivative of the awesome YZ450F engine that was born on a motocross track.
TRANSMISSION : A five-speed manual transmission delivers smooth power in an assortment of situations - from the starting gate to the finish line, tight trails to wide-open fire roads.
BRAKES : Stopping the machine is as easy as starting her up thanks to an all-new twin piston rear caliper. This design ensures plenty of braking power throughout the entire moto…and then some.
CHASSIS : Returning are the aluminum upper A-arms and steering knuckles found on the independent double wishbone front suspension, offering 9.1" worth of Nitrogen-filled, fully adjustable travel.
SUSPENSIONS : In the rear, a single shock, cast-aluminum swingarm boasts 10.6" of travel, full adjustability and a YZ-type suspension linkage.
DRIVE TRAIN : The eccentric shaft-type drive chain adjuster makes chain adjustments quick and easy - a must for riders on the go.
TIRES : The power of the YFZ450 is put to the ground via a set of front and rear Dunlop radials designed for ultimate cornering grip without compromising too much ride comfort. They are of course mounted on aluminum rims.
STYLING : The YFZ450 is easy on the eyes with its ultra-aggressive yet streamlined styling. Adding to the eye candy are aluminum front and rear grab bars, and an LED tail light.
One of the most popular features on the YFZ450 is its electric start, which fires both the engine and race-inspired Keihin 39mm FCR carburetor at the push of a button. Gone forever are the days of repeated, sometimes frantic, efforts to get your machine kick-started. The magic button has proven invaluable on the YFZ450, despite the machine's roots in pure sport performance. Also returning are the critically acclaimed one-hand operation parking brake and rider-approved 45mm footpegs.
- Engine : 4-Stroke Single, Liquid Cooled w/Fan, Titanium 5-Valve DOHC
- Displacement : 449cc
- Bore and Stroke : 95mm x 63.4mm
- Compression Ratio : 11.4:1
- Carburetion : Keihin 39mm FCR w/ Throttle Position Sensor
- Ignition : DC - CDI
- Starting : Electric
- Transmission : Wide ratio, 5-Speed Manual
- Final Drive : Sealed O-Ring Chain
- Suspension (Front) : Independent double wishbone, 9.1" travel; adjust. for hi-/lo-speed compression, rebound & preload
- Suspension (Rear) : Aluminum swingarm, 10.6"travel; adjust. for hi-/lo-speed compression, rebound & spring preload
- Brakes (Front) : Dual Hydraulic Disc, Twin Piston Caliper
- Brakes (Rear) : Hydraulic Disc, Twin Piston Caliper
- Tires (Front) : AT21x7-10 Radial
- Tires (Rear) : AT20x10-9 Radial
- Length : 1,840mm (72.4")
- Width : 1,170mm (46.1")
- Height : 1,090mm (42.9")
- Wheelbase : 1,280mm (50.4")
- Ground Clearance : 112mm (4.4")
- Seat Height : 810mm (31.9")
- Dry Weight : 159kg (350 lb)
- Fuel Capacity : 10 litres
- Colour(s) : Black / Orange; White / Dark Blue
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke, Titanium 5-Valve DOHC
- 449 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 95 x 63.4 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Liquid Cooled w/Fan
- Starting System
- Ignition : DC - CDI; Starting : Electric
- Front Suspension
- Independent double wishbone, 9.1" travel; adjust. for hi-/lo-speed compression, rebound & preload
- Front Travel
- 9.1 in. travel
- Front Brake Type
- Dual Hydraulic Disc, Twin Piston Caliper
- Front Tires
- AT21x7-10 Radial
- Rear Suspension
- Aluminum swingarm, for hi-/lo-speed compression, rebound & spring preload
- Rear Travel
- 10.6 in.
- Rear Brake Type
- Hydraulic Disc, Twin Piston Caliper
- Rear Tires
- AT20x10-9 Radial
- Dry Weight
- 159 kg (350 lbs.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 10 l
- Ground Clearance
- 112 mm (4.4 in.)
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 1840 x 1170 x 1090 mm (72.4" x 46.1" x 42.9")
- 1,280 mm (50.4 in.)
- Final Drive
- Sealed O-Ring Chain
- Wide ratio, 5-Speed Manual
- Black / Orange; White / Dark Blue